South Florida drivers are some of the worst in the U.S.A.!
They speed like maniacs, cut lanes like idiots, and never use turn signals. They fly through red lights, run from cops, get drunk, do drugs, and cause pandemonium at every turn.
You should always be on the lookout for reckless drivers because far too often, accidents result in tragedy. If you were the victim of a car accident, you may want to consider contacting a Lake Worth personal injury lawyer.
Here are 10 recent horrible South Florida car accidents.
10. This one happened in Bradenton, Florida on Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM
An elderly woman backing her SUV out of a parking lot ran into a crowd of churchgoers who had congregated outside after service. According to law enforcement officials, three people died and four others were injured.
9. On Sunday, January 26, 2014…
A man, trying to elude the Orlando police crashed his car into a minivan, which immediately burst into flames. The crazy driver at fault was ejected from his vehicle and died of his injuries.
8. On December 19, 2013, three people lost their lives in automobile collision on Okeechobee Road in Miami, Florida.
Investigators reported that the driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into oncoming traffic. The driver at fault, and the driver he hit were both pronounced dead at the scene and a five year old passenger died at the hospital.
7. On September 29, 2013, a dump truck pulled into a Miami gas station.
Apparently, the driver didn’t see a homeless man sleeping on the curb and ran over him; crushing the man’s head and killing him instantly. According to law enforcement officials, it was apparently an accident so no charges were filed.
6. On the Turnpike in Homestead, Florida, on August 23, 2013…
Two people lost their lives in a rollover crash. A man and child were expelled from a car through the back window and had to be airlifted to the hospital where they both died.
5. On January 16, 2014, a Pompano Beach man was killed when two Corvettes crashed.
They may have been racing. The cars were traveling south on the I-95 near Boca Raton when the 42 year old man lost his life. The accident shut down the interstate for more than four hours.
4. A car crash on the infamous Sawgrass Expressway killed two females…
When an extremely intoxicated 20 year old female named Kayla Mendoza drove against highway traffic early one morning and crashed into their vehicle. Earlier that night she tweeted a message that said “Too drunk to care.” Kayla had a blood alcohol level that was twice the legal limit and marijuana was found in her system. She is still alive and facing charges.
3. A woman from Davie Florida was the driver in a tragic motor vehicle crash…
That took place in Martin County and killed a 64 year old motorcyclist. He was thrown from his motorcycle in the emergency lane and brutally run over.
2. Around 2:30 AM on April 5, 2013, three teenagers…
Were traveling in a speeding vehicle on Miami’s Dolphin Expressway when the driver lost control and hit the median; splitting the car in half. Two of the teenagers died on the spot and the other was airlifted to the hospital.
1. On August 29, 2013, a sixteen year old criminal stole a Lincoln MKZ…
Ran a red light, lost control and crashed into a Miami Dade College campus in Liberty City. The vehicle caught fire and the perpetrator escaped through the sunroof, leaving behind three accomplices in the burning vehicle, one of whom died at the scene.